Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunset on The White Beach




oil on canvas, 24 x 31.5 inches
painted on location - Tues/Wed  15/16 Jan 2013

SOLD

The first real great snowfall here in Holland, and guess what, The Hague got hit the hardest! That made for some beautiful scenery, in otherwise not so interesting places. Here I have returned to a theme which I explored in depth a few years ago when I first started this project, "Wet Paintings from The Lowlands"!  As some of you may already know, I am preparing paintings for my up and coming exhibition in the NH Atlantic (Hotel) Kijkduin. The entrance to the beach shown in this painting is directly in front of that hotel. Below a picture taken by photographer, Peter van Bennekom, just as I got started on this canvas, late in the afternoon, whilst the Sun was low thus casting warm hues and created this lovely view!   .

   

No comments:

Post a Comment