Thursday, April 19, 2012

Windy Seascape #3, effects of light



oil on wooden panel
4" x 6" -  (10 x 15 cm)
painted on location  -  Mon 16 April 2012  SOLD

Although this is titled as #3, in fact they all should have the same number as they were made simultaneously!  There are few imperfections,..... for example the horizon line is always straighter than the way it has been painted. But then again these are studies, and thus retain the quality of a study. I was aiming at getting the light situation correct, and I can say that, that has been accomplished. If I would go back into the painting, to make corrections, it would loose its quality of freshness. I would risk making this very lively situation appear flat and stale.  And remember a few times I had to keep my hand on the easel, to prevent it from getting airborne!

No comments:

Post a Comment